Thursday, March 15, 2007

Golden Rule

So.. This week I have been staying at Marcus and Bonnies apartment. I was pretty much alone all last night and I really had alot I thought about. Ive been pretty depressed for awhile over some things. But like everything I get sad about.. I always realize it doesnt really matter. Ive learned these past 2 months alot of things. About how I should treat people, when and when not to make yourself happiest, and how to let go of things.
At some point something is going to matter to you sooo much and probally your going to realize how small it is. Or your going to realize a old grudge really doesnt matter. Your going to loose friends, meet new ones. And most importantly learn who your true friends are. Remember the golden rule from 1st grade?! You should always treat your friends how you want to be treated. I used to think when a friend would hurt me.. i should hurt them back. But that is definitley wrong. You should always be the bigger person. Be honest with your friends and dont do things behind their backs. Thats what hurts the most.
As Ive grown up some... Ive found myself to be a good person. I try my best for my friends and family, and I love them with all Ive got. You learn lots of lessons that show what kind of person you are.. People arent always going to like you. But hey.. your you. Growing up my mom would always tell me... "You are the people your friends with." I used to disagree with her sooo much, I hated when she would tell me that. But now looking back... Its sooo true. Look at who your friends are and see how much you are like them.. all of your friends. You probally have alot of the same habits as them. But im proud of who my friends are.. and what kind of person I am around them all. So choose your friends wisely.
Anyways I dunno what this really is about but whatever.. Im out
Jess

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally agree with u, we are just like our friends and we have changed or grown up over the years too(in a good way) and look most of us are still friends. I love u too!! u will always be one of my girls.love ya Muah!!

Sarah said...

Dont pay attention to the name i messed up so i changed it.lol